Islamic Spirituality: History & Practices
Course Category: Purification | Level 1 Course
Course Code: PUR 103
Instructor: Anse Dr. Tamara Gray
Duration: 7 days
Course Dates: August 4 - 9, 2023
Time: 7:00 - 9:00 pm CST
Islamic spirituality is an important part of religious life. This course will take a birds-eye view of the origins of Islamic spirituality and explore the principles and practices which developed soon after the death of Prophet Muhammad ﷺ. Students will take a historical look at this development, investigate some branches of spiritual practice, and develop an understanding of the related terms and practices.
- Designed in an easy to follow format.
- Interactive Q&A
- Recordings available until end of term
Prerequisites: Students should be women above the age of 17.
Students are expected to attend the online lectures, complete one or more weekly assignments, complete a term paper, and submit a final exam.
This is an online course so students will need:
- Access to internet with an internet speed of at least 2 Mbps recommended for best performance.
- Headphones, camera and microphone may be required for in-class participation.
- To access the live class and recordings, students will need a computer, smartphone, or tablet/iPad with the Zoom app.
Live attendance is recommended whenever possible for the best learning experience. Recordings of the sessions will be made available for registered students who cannot attend live.
Students will have access to course forums, recordings, and files until September 10, 2023.
Students are responsible for ordering their textbooks before the start of class. Ribaat textbooks are available to enrolled students at a discounted rate through Rabata Bookshop. Once enrolled, students will have access to the discount code through the course forum.
Registration Fee: Non-refundable, non-transferable
- $125.00 (not including the cost of the course materials)
- $20.00 late registration fee on August 1st (if seats are available)
- Additional $5.00 auditing fee.
Before enrolling, please read the Registration Fees & Policies. Then choose one of the registration options below.
Contact: For inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org