Ijazah in the Forty Hadith of Imam Nawawi
Course Category: Hadith | Level 3 Course
Course Code: HAD 302
An in-depth study of the forty-hadith compilation of Imam al-Nawawī, this course is meant to provide students with a foundation in the hadith of the Prophet (s). The Prophet (s) was given jawāmiʿ al-kalim ( جوامع الكلم), or the ability to say much in very few words. The hadiths of the Prophet (s) combine eloquence with deep, encompassing meanings in a uniquely simple way. This particular compilation was chosen because it includes agreed upon hadiths, and it covers a variety of subjects.
By the end of this course, students will be able to explain, understand, and draw practical life lessons from the text of the forty hadiths in this compilation. They will be able to discuss key vocabulary from the hadith and discuss the narrators of the hadith.
Students will have the opportunity to sit for an oral assessment and receive ijazah in this hadith compilation in the oral tradition.
- Live attendance is required for all classes.
- Students will sit for an oral test where they will read the 40 hadith in Arabic with fewer than 3 mistakes.
- Oral test also includes questions about the narrators, key vocabulary, context, and practical application of each hadith.
This is an online course so students will need:
- Access to internet with an internet speed of at least 2 Mbps recommended for best performance.
- Headphones, camera and microphone may be required for in-class participation.
- To access the live class and recordings, students will need a computer, smartphone, or tablet/iPad with the Zoom app.
Students are responsible for ordering their textbooks before the start of class. Ribaat textbooks are available to enrolled students at a discounted rate through Rabata Bookshop. Once enrolled, students will have access to the discount code through the course forum.
Registration Fee: Non-refundable, non-transferable
- $250.00 (not including the cost of the course materials)
- $20.00 late registration fee (if seats are available)
- Auditing is not available for this course
- Limited seats available
Contact: For inquiries, contact email@example.com