Lessons from the Life of the Prophet (s) | Part 2 - Summer 2021
Course Category: Sira | Level 2 Course
Course Code: SIR 202
Instructor: Anse Shehnaz Karim
Duration: 5 weeks
Course Dates: July 26 - August 25, 2021
Day: Mondays & Tuesdays
Time: 7:30 - 9:00 am CST
Classes last approximately 1.5 hours each. Live attendance is recommended whenever possible for the best learning experience. Recordings of the sessions will be made available for registered students who cannot attend live.
Offered: This course is offered in the Summer and Spring Terms of each year.
- Students should be women above the age of 17.
- SIR 101 and SIR 102:Companions of the Prophet (s) | Parts 1 & 2.
- Part 1 of this course is suggested but not required for Part 2.
Course Description: This course will undertake a study of the life of the Prophet (s), with a special focus on his behavior and actions, providing a deeper understanding of why he was indeed "the chosen one". Students will examine the major events and minor incidents that took place in his public and private life, extrapolating the wisdom and lessons one can gain from them. Weekly assignments focus on these lessons learned, enabling students to draw parallels to modern day struggles in their own lives and make lasting changes, following in the footsteps of the Prophet (s).
Course Requirements: Students are expected to attend the online lectures, complete one or more weekly assignments, complete a term project, and submit a final exam.
This is an online course so students will need:
- Access to internet with an internet speed of at least 2 Mbps recommended for best performance.
- Headphones, camera and microphone may be required for in-class participation.
- To access the live class and recordings, students will need a computer, smartphone, or tablet/iPad with the Zoom app.
Students will have access to course forums, recordings, and files until September , 2021.
- $100.00 (not including the cost of the course materials)
- $20.00 late registration fee after July 23 (if seats are available)
- Additional $5.00 Auditing fee
Text: No textbook is required for this course. Materials will be shared with registered students.
Contact: For inquiries, contact email@example.com
Registration Options: Before enrolling, please read the Registration Fees & Policies. Then choose one of the registration options below.