Fast & Friendly Fiqh: An Introduction to Worship Essentials
Course Category: Fiqh | Level 1 Course
Course Code: FQH 101
Instructor: Anse Eamaan Rabbat
Duration: 6 weeks
Course Dates: February 9 - March 16, 2023
Time: 5:00 - 7:00 pm CST
Rabata Cultural Center, 3533 Lexington Ave N, Arden Hills, MN 55126
A quick and fun introduction to Shafi'i fiqh for the beginner. This course will go over the main rules of worship. purification (ṭahāra), prayer (ṣalāh), and fasting (ṣawm).
What will be covered:
- Difference between types of water used for purification
- The integrals of prayer (ṣalāh) and the recommended acts
- Actions that nullify the prayer and what is disliked.
- The rules of fasting (ṣawm)
- Things that break your fast
Get ANSWERS to questions like:
- How do I make proper wudū'?
- What is ghusl?
- What if I forget to recite a short sūrah in my prayer?
- I ate by mistake, did I break my fast?
- and more...
- About water
- Purification (ṭahāra); wudū' & ghusl
- Prayer (ṣalāh)
- Fasting (ṣawm)
- In person at the Rabata Cultural Center
- Designed in an easy to follow format.
- Interactive Q&A
- Based on the aqida of Ahl al-Sunnah wa al-Jama'a.
- Women only.
- Ages 17+ can register.
Students will have access to course forum and files until June 18th, 2023.
Prerequisites: Students should be women above the age of 17.
Course Requirements: Students are expected to attend in person, complete one or more weekly assignments, complete and present a project, and submit 4 short quizzes.
Attendance: Attend in person at the Rabata Cultural Center. This course will not be recorded.
Text: The Shafi'i Manual of Purity, Prayer and Fasting, by Tashfeen Ekram
Students are responsible for ordering their textbooks before the start of class. Ribaat textbooks are available to enrolled students at a discounted rate through Rabata Bookshop. Once enrolled, students will have access to the discount code through the course forum.
Registration Fee: Non-refundable, non-transferable
- $125.00 (not including the cost of the course materials)
- Additional $5.00 auditing fee.
Before enrolling, please read the Registration Fees & Policies. Then choose one of the registration options below.
Contact: For inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org