Introduction to Islamic 'Aqida | Part 2
Course Category: Aqidah | Level 2 Course
Course Code: AQD 202
Instructor: Anse Dr. Tamara Gray
Duration: 14 weeks
Course Dates: January 17 - May 8, 2023
Time: 8:30 - 9:30 pm CST
Daylight savings time will begin in the United States on Sunday, March 12, 2023. Depending on where you live, this may or may not affect your class timing. In countries where DST is not applied at all, class will be one hour earlier starting March 12.
The development of ʿaqīda in the heart and mind of the believer is the development of her way of life and the ability to communicate and spread the joy of faith to those around her. This course comprises an academic study of the tenets of Islamic belief, beginning in Part 1 with a study of the development of ʿilm al-kalām, a deep look into the meaning of tawḥīd (the Oneness of God), and a review of the messengers of Islam.
The course will continue in Part 2 with a detailed look at revelation, the unseen world, the Day of Judgment and qaḍāʾ and qadr, concluding with a look at variant beliefs and some theological dimensions of law.
- Students should be women above the age of 17.
- Successful completion of at least one Ribaat Level 1 core course.
- AQD 201: Introduction to Islamic ʿAqīda | Part 1
Students are expected to attend the online lectures, complete assignments, and submit a final exam.
This is an online course so students will need:
- Access to internet with an internet speed of at least 2 Mbps recommended for best performance.
- Headphones, camera and microphone may be required for in-class participation.
- To access the live class and recordings, students will need a computer, smartphone, or tablet/iPad with the Zoom app.
The Creed of Imam Bayhaqi by Abu Bakr Ahmad Ibn Husayn Al-Bayhaqi, Translated by Nasir Abdussalam
Mary the Blessed Virgin of Islam by Aliah Schleifer
The Study Quran by Seyyed Hossein Nasr
Students are responsible for ordering their textbooks before the start of class. Ribaat textbooks are available to enrolled students at a discounted rate through Rabata Bookshop. Once enrolled, students will have access to the discount code through the course forum.
Live attendance is recommended whenever possible for the best learning experience. Recordings of the sessions will be made available for registered students who cannot attend live.
Students will have access to course forums, recordings, and files until June 18, 2023.
Registration Fee: Non-refundable, non-transferable
- $150.00 (not including the cost of the course materials)
- $20.00 late registration fee on January 14th (if seats are available)
- Additional $5.00 auditing fee.
Before enrolling, please read the Registration Fees & Policies. Then choose one of the registration options below.
Contact: For inquiries, contact email@example.com