If You Have a Voice You Can Sing: Tips, Tricks & Techniques | Recordings
Instructor: Anse Michelle Marie
Duration: 7.5 Hours
Description: In this workshop, Anse Michelle will go over an introduction to basic vocal techniques and vocal exercises to help make you a better vocalist. While you may not be great yet, anyone can gain the skills that make an amazing singer. The secret is, if you have a voice, you can sing! Each week, you will learn a new technique to improve your voice. At the end of each session, we will put our newly learned skill into a song.
This workshop is for both beginners who would like to start learning to use their voice, as well as those who have been singing for years and would like to expand their skill, sing in healthy ways, and protect their voices.
Week 1: Breathe! We will go over breathing from your diaphragm and some breath exercises to help learn this skill and control breathing.
Week 2: It’s Really A Science: Voice Physiology - The more you know how your body works, the better you’ll be able to work it. We will also go over correct posture for singing and tips and tricks on tongue placement. (Who knew such a small muscle can effect your sound so much?)
Week 3: Repeat After Me: Pitch Recognition & Ear Training - We will learn the major scale. We will also go over various exercises to help practice pitch recognition.
Week 4: Work it out!: Vocal Warmups & Exercises - This class will go over a number of easy vocal warmups and exercises to continue building up your skill.
Week 5: Take it Easy: Tips on Increasing Vocal Range - We will go over how to increase your vocal range without force or pressure. We will also cover improving your vocal strength and tone.
- Classes last approximately 1.5 hours each. Live attendance is highly recommended for maximum benefit.
- This is an online course so students will need Access to reliable internet. An internet speed of at least 2 Mbps is recommended for best performance.
- Headphones, camera and microphone will be required for in-class participation.
- Live classes can be viewed on a computer or handheld device using the Zoom app.
Registration Fee: $100.00
- Students should be women above the age of 17
- Registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Recordings will be provided for one year from the start of the workshop.
- Before enrolling, please read the full Registration Fees & Policies
For inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org