Ribaat Retreat 2023 Malaysia
Course Category: Certification Requirements | Level 1 Course
Course Code: CRT 102
When: 13-17 December, 2023
Where: Bidaisari Resort
Venue Address: Lorong Cheringin 1, Kampung Cheringin, Janda Baik, 28750 Bentong, Pahang
Venue Website: bidaisariresort.com.my
The annual Ribaat Retreat brings together the students, faculty and staff of Ribaat for an unforgettable in-person experience. Learning takes place in small and large group settings, a rigorous worship schedule helps participants put their ibadah on the right track for the year to come, and the community of beloved teachers and fellow students brings home the spirit of Ribaat. This year, Ribaat brings the Ribaat Retreat to Malaysia, so that students in the region can take part in this experience closer to home!
Days will be filled with lessons focusing on learning, personal growth, and worship through whole and small group activities, student-to-student interaction, and in-person time with teachers. Evenings and nights will be filled with worship, prayer, and Quran reading. A detailed schedule will be shared with registered retreaters upon arrival.
The Ribaat Retreat is open to women ages 17 and above. After applications are reviewed, priority registration will be given to students who live in Southeast Asia, Australia, New Zealand, and neighboring regions.
Policy on children: To allow students and team members to focus fully on the program, children and infants may not accompany retreaters. All attendees must be full participants, women, ages 17 and older.
Retreaters will be directed to their accommodations upon arrival at the venue. All facilities are shared with other attendees. Accommodations are all chalets or dorm-style housing. Preference for closer accommodations will be provided based on age and physical ability.
A full packing list will be sent prior to the retreat. Attendees will be provided with bedding (pillow, sheets, blanket) and towels. Retreaters will be expected to keep their accommodations tidy and clean.
The wi-fi available at the venue will not support a livestream, so it will not be possible to livestream the retreat. There is some wifi, however, that is available for retreaters to use during break times.
Preference will be given to attendees with accessibility needs. If you have a medical condition or cannot walk long distances, kindly fill the application form to inform the retreat team as soon as possible so that appropriate accommodations can be reserved.
There will be 3 catered meals per full day, with dinner on the day of arrival, and breakfast and lunch on the day of departure. Beverages and snacks will also be available throughout the day.
Application & Registration Process:
Registration fee: RM 1,800
- All payments will be made by banktransfer.
- Registration fees are refundable until October 1st. To request a refund, students must email email@example.com before this date.
- Please note that Rabata Malaysia is an officially registered NGO. As such, all registration fees go towards the costs of running the retreat.
- The registration fee includes:
- 4 days of educational programming
- Accommodations and bedding
- Meals, beverages & snacks (halal)
- A welcome packet
- The registration fee does NOT include transportation to or from the venue.
- If registering before 1st August, payment can be divided into 5 monthly installments.
- If registering after 1st August and before 1st September, payment can be divided into 4 monthly installments.
- If registering after 1st September and before 1st October, payment can be divided into 3 monthly installments.
- If registering after 1st October and before 1st November, payment can be divided into 2 monthly installments.
- If registering after 1st November, full payment will be required.
Registration will not be confirmed until at least one payment is made, and all payments must be made before 1st December to reserve your seat. After this date, incomplete registrations may be assigned to a student on the waitlist.
Payment can also be made in full to reserve your seat immediately.
A limited number of partial scholarships will be available. Scholarship recipients will pay a partial registration and need to make their own travel arrangements between home and the venue. Scholarship seats are subject to availability.
To apply for financial aid, complete the application form.
There will be no partial attendance fees. All retreaters will need to pay in full even if they will not be attending the entire retreat.
Wednesday, 13th December, 2023
- Before 3:00 pm: Arrive at the meeting point (Figgy’s Cafe - PT 20266, Lor Sungai Panjang, KAMPUNG CHERINGIN, 28750 Bentong, Pahang)
- From 3:00 - 4:00 pm: Attendees will depart to Bidaisari by shuttle for check-in and registration
- 5:00 pm: Retreat schedule will begin.
Sunday, 17th December, 2023
- 1:00 pm: Retreaters will depart from Bidaisari
- Returning flights should be scheduled after 6:00 pm
Click here to apply
Contact: For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.orgNote: Above information and guidelines are subject to change.