Ribaat Retreat 2023 Minnesota
Course Category: Certification Requirements | Level 1 Course
Course Code: CRT 102
When: July 19-23, 2023
Where: Osprey Wilds Environmental Learning Center, Sandstone, MN
Venue Address: 54165 Audubon Drive, Sandstone, MN 55072
Venue Website: https://ospreywilds.org/
The annual Ribaat Retreat brings together the students, faculty and staff of Ribaat for an unforgettable in-person experience. Learning takes place in small and large group settings, a rigorous worship schedule helps participants put their ibadah on the right track for the year to come, and the community of beloved teachers and fellow students brings home the spirit of Ribaat.
Days will be filled with lessons focusing on learning, personal growth, and worship through whole and small group activities, student-to-student interaction, and in-person time with teachers. Evenings and nights will be filled with worship, prayer, and Quran reading. A detailed schedule will be shared with registered retreaters upon arrival.
The Ribaat Retreat is open to Ribaat students ages 17 and above. If you have ever taken a course or workshop, even if you were unable to complete it, you are welcome to apply. After applications are reviewed, priority registration will be given to current Ribaat students who have not attended a retreat in the past and are registered in a certification track.
Policy on children: To allow students and team members to focus fully on the program, children and infants may not accompany retreaters. All attendees must be full participants, women, ages 17 and older.
Retreaters will be directed to their accommodations upon arrival at the venue. All facilities are shared with other attendees. Accommodations are all cabins or dorm-style housing with bunk beds. Preference for lower or upper bunks will be provided based on physical ability.
A full packing list will be sent prior to the retreat. Attendees will be provided with bedding (pillow, sheets, blanket) and towels. Retreaters will be expected to keep their accommodations tidy and clean.
The wi-fi available at the venue will not support a livestream, so it will not be possible to livestream the retreat. There is some wifi, however, that is available for retreaters to use during break times.
Preference will be given to attendees with accessibility needs. If you have a medical condition, cannot walk long distances, require a lower bunk, or accessible bathroom and shower, kindly fill the application form to inform the retreat team as soon as possible so that appropriate accommodations can be reserved.
There will be 3 catered meals per full day, with dinner on the day of arrival, and breakfast the morning of departure. Beverages and snacks will also be available throughout the day.
Special dietary needs or allergies must be mentioned in the retreat application form.
Application & Registration Process:
Applications will open March 1st. Since spots are limited and this retreat is a requirement for graduation, priority registration will be given to current Ribaat students who have not attended a retreat in the past and are registered in a certification track.
Students whose application has been approved will receive an email with a link to pay. Registration is confirmed only upon receipt of payment.
Registration fee: $550
- All payments will be made through PayPal.
- Registration fees are refundable until June 1st. To request a refund, students must email firstname.lastname@example.org before this date.
- Please note that Rabata is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. As such, all registration fees go towards the costs of running the retreat.
- The registration fee includes:
- 4 days of educational programming
- Transportation between the Rabata Cultural Center and the venue by bus
- Accommodations and bedding
- Meals, beverages & snacks (halal zabiha)
- A welcome packet
- The registration fee does NOT include airfare to or from Minnesota.
If registering before April 1st, total payment can be divided into three monthly installments. If registering after April 1st and before May 1st, total payment will be divided into two payments. If registering after May 1st, full payment will be required.
Registration will not be confirmed until at least one payment is made, and all payments must be made before June 1st to reserve your spot. After this date, incomplete registrations may be assigned to a student on the waitlist.
Payment can also be made in full to reserve your spot immediately.
Financial Assistance:A limited number of partial scholarships will be available. Scholarship recipients will pay a partial registration and need to make their own travel arrangements between home and the Rabata Cultural Center. Scholarship spots are subject to availability.To apply for financial aid, complete the application form.
There will be no partial attendance fees. All retreaters will need to pay in full even if they will not be attending the entire retreat.
In the event a retreater needs to arrive/depart outside of the bus timings stated below, transportation between the airport and Osprey Wilds (a distance of about 1.5 hrs) will be the responsibility of the retreater.
Wednesday, July 19, 2022
- Between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm: Arrive at the Rabata Cultural Center (3533 Lexington Ave N, Arden Hills MN, 55126)
- Register for the retreat and explore the RCC and bookshop.
- 3:00 pm and 4:00 pm: Attendees will depart to the retreat venue in the buses
- 5:00pm or 6:00 pm: Arrive at Osprey Wilds and settle in.
- 6:30 pm: Retreat schedule will begin.
Sunday, July 23, 2023
- 9:00 am: Retreaters will depart from Osprey Wilds in a charter bus
- Group 1: 11:00 am: Arrive at MSP - Minneapolis−Saint Paul International Airport
- Group 2: 11:00 am: Arrive at Rabata Cultural Center
- Returning flights should be scheduled after 2:00 pm
Click here to apply: Ribaat Retreat 2023 Application Form
Contact: For questions, email email@example.com.
Note: Above information and guidelines are subject to change.