Reflections from the Quran
Course Category: Tafsir | Level 1 Course
Course Code: TAF 101
Instructor: Anse Dr. Farhana Yunus
Duration: 14 weeks
Course Dates: September 12 - December 17, 2023
Time: 12:00 - 1:00 pm CST
Daylight savings time will end in the United States on Sunday, November 5, 2023. Depending on where you live, this may or may not affect your class timing. In countries where DST is not applied at all, class will be one hour later starting November 5.
This course takes students on a journey with the Quran, gain deeper understandings of its words and derive lessons from Allah's (swt) words. Each term, students will be guided through an in-depth study of a surah from the Holy Quran and reflect upon the lessons learned from its verses as they sit with one of our modern scholars of the Holy Quran. This term will cover the surahs: Āl Imran, Maryam, Al-Hashr, Al-Mumtahina, As-Saf, Al-Jumua, Al-Munafiqūn, At-Taghabun, At-Talāq, At-Tahrīm
- Designed in an easy to follow format.
- Interactive Q&A
- Recordings available until end of term
- Based on the aqida of Ahl al-Sunnah wa al-Jama'a.
Live attendance is recommended whenever possible for the best learning experience. Recordings of the sessions will be made available for registered students who cannot attend live.
Students will have access to course forums, recordings, and files until January 15, 2024.
Students should be women above the age of 17.
Students are expected to attend the online lectures, complete one or more weekly assignments, complete a term paper, and submit a final exam.
This is an online course so students will need:
- Access to internet with an internet speed of at least 2 Mbps recommended for best performance.
- Headphones, camera and microphone may be required for in-class participation.
- To access the live class and recordings, students will need a computer, smartphone, or tablet/iPad with the Zoom app.
Text: Recommended: The Qur'an: English translation, translated by MAS Abdel Haleem.
Students are responsible for ordering their textbooks before the start of class. Ribaat textbooks are available to enrolled students at a discounted rate through Rabata Bookshop. Once enrolled, students will have access to the discount code through the course forum.
Registration Fee: Non-refundable, non-transferable
- $125.00 (not including the cost of the course materials)
- $20.00 late registration fee on September 8th (if seats are available)
- Additional $5.00 auditing fee.
Before enrolling, please read the Registration Fees & Policies. Then choose one of the registration options below.
Contact: For inquiries, contact email@example.com