Fast & Friendly Fiqh: An Introduction to Worship Essentials
Course Category: Fiqh | Level 1 Course
Course Code: FQH 101
Instructor: Anse Eamaan Rabbat
Course Dates: September 12 - December 17, 2023
Time: 1:00 - 2:00 pm CST
Daylight savings time will end in the United States on Sunday, November 5, 2023. Depending on where you live, this may or may not affect your class timing. In countries where DST is not applied at all, class will be one hour later starting November 5.
A quick and fun introduction to Shafi'i fiqh for the beginner. This course will go over the main rules of worship. purification (ṭahāra), prayer (ṣalāh), and fasting (ṣawm).
What will be covered:
- Difference between types of water used for purification
- The integrals of prayer (ṣalāh) and the recommended acts
- Actions that nullify the prayer and what is disliked.
- The rules of fasting (ṣawm)
- Things that break your fast
Get ANSWERS to questions like:
- How do I make proper wudū'?
- What is ghusl?
- What if I forget to recite a short sūrah in my prayer?
- I ate by mistake, did I break my fast?
- and more...
- About water
- Purification (ṭahāra); wudū' & ghusl
- Prayer (ṣalāh)
- Fasting (ṣawm)
- Designed in an easy to follow format.
- Interactive Q&A
- Recordings available until end of term
- Based on the aqida of Ahl al-Sunnah wa al-Jama'a.
Recordings: Live attendance is recommended whenever possible for the best learning experience. Recordings of the sessions will be made available for registered students who cannot attend live.
Students will have access to course forums, recordings, and files until January 15, 2024.
Students should be women above the age of 17.
Students are expected to attend the online lectures, complete one or more weekly assignments, complete and present a project, and submit 4 short quizzes.
This is an online course so students will need:
- Access to internet with an internet speed of at least 2 Mbps recommended for best performance.
- Headphones, camera and microphone may be required for in-class participation.
- To access the live class and recordings, students will need a computer, smartphone, or tablet/iPad with the Zoom app.
Text: The Shafi'i Manual of Purity, Prayer and Fasting, by Tashfeen Ekram
Students are responsible for ordering their textbooks before the start of class. Ribaat textbooks are available to enrolled students at a discounted rate through Rabata Bookshop. Once enrolled, students will have access to the discount code through the course forum.
Registration Fee: Non-refundable, non-transferable
- $125.00 (not including the cost of the course materials)
- $20.00 late registration fee on September 8th (if seats are available)
- Additional $5.00 auditing fee.
Before enrolling, please read the Registration Fees & Policies. Then choose one of the registration options below.
Contact: For inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org