Tajwid 5 Juz' Ijazah Certification
Course Category: Tajwid
Course Code: TAJ 405
Instructor: Ribaat Tajwid Teachers
The Tajwid 5 Juz' Ijazah is a certification which recognizes that the bearer has recited the last 100 pages of the Holy Quran from memory with complete application of the rules of tajwīd, and authorizes its bearer to teach what they have memorized.
All teachers in the track as well as the Tajwid Committee hold the same ijāzah through a connected sanad directly from the Prophet (s) on the recitation of Hafs. The Ribaat 5 Juz' Ijazah is issued by Rabata and the Ribaat Academic Institute and authorized by the Ribaat Tajwid Committee.
Through this program, students will work individually with their instructors to memorize and recite the last five juz' (approximately 100 pages) of the Holy Quran from start to finish. Each student will be paired with a certified tajwīd teacher, either online or locally, with whom she will work one-on-one.
This program will be complete when the student has recited the last five juz' of the Holy Quran to one tajwīd teacher, and passes an oral examination for each juz'.
To be eligible to register in this certification program, students must have completed the following:
- Students should be women above the age of 17.
- TAJ 101 & 102: “Quran Fluency Parts 1 & 2”.
- TAJ 201: “Tajwīd Part 1: Letters & Phonetics”.
- TAJ 202: “Tajwīd Part 2: Rules & the Rhythm of Recitation”
- TAJ 301: “Quran Khitmah Project”
- Complete Arabic Novice High
- Ability to read the Holy Quran fluently with full application of the rules of tajwīd and few errors.
- Knowledge of the points of articulation (makhārij), letter attributes (ṣifāt), and all tajwīd rules.
Placement: New students in the Ribaat Tajwīd Program should complete an assessment with a tajwīd assessor. Based on that, they will receive a recommendation on the best course to start with. To arrange an appointment, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be in touch with you as soon as possible inshallah.
This is an online course so students will need:
- Access to internet with an internet speed of at least 2 Mbps recommended for best performance.
- Headphones, camera and microphone may be required for in-class participation. Students are expected to be on camera during all recitation sessions.
- To access the live class and recordings, students will need a computer, smartphone, or tablet/iPad with the Zoom app.
Registration Fee: Non-refundable, non-transferable
- $400.00 (not including the cost of the course materials)
- Auditing is not available for this course
Text: Medium to large sized Holy Quran in Arabic script
Contact: For inquiries, contact email@example.com