Ijazah in the Forty Hadith of Imam Nawawi - In Person at the RCC
Course Category: Hadith | Level 3 Course
Course Code: HAD 302
Instructor: Anse Dr. Tamara Gray
Course Dates: August 10 - 13, 2023
Students arriving from out of state should plan to be in MN at least from Aug. 9th to the Aug. 14th.
Time: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm CST
Rabata Cultural Center, 3533 Lexington Ave N, Arden Hills, MN 55126
An in-depth study of the forty-hadith compilation of Imam al-Nawawī, this course is meant to provide students with a foundation in the hadith of the Prophet (s). The Prophet (s) was given jawāmiʿ al-kalim ( جوامع الكلم), or the ability to say much in very few words. The hadiths of the Prophet (s) combine eloquence with deep, encompassing meanings in a uniquely simple way. This particular compilation was chosen because it includes agreed upon hadiths, and it covers a variety of subjects.
By the end of this course, students will be able to explain, understand, and draw practical life lessons from the text of the forty hadiths in this compilation. They will be able to discuss key vocabulary from the hadith and discuss the narrators of the hadith.
Students will have the opportunity to sit for an oral assessment and receive ijazah in this hadith compilation in the oral tradition.
- Live attendance is required for all classes. Class will be held in person at the Rabata Cultural Center.
- Students will sit for an oral test where they will read the 40 hadith in Arabic with fewer than 3 mistakes.
- Oral test also includes questions about the narrators, key vocabulary, context, and practical application of each hadith.
Students will have access to course forum and files until September 10, 2023.
Text: Text will be provided on the first day of class
Students are responsible for purchasing their textbooks before the start of class.
Registration Fee: Non-refundable, non-transferable
- $250.00 (not including the cost of the course materials)
- Limited seats available
- Registration closes August 8th (if seats are still available)
Before enrolling, please read the Registration Fees & Policies. Then choose one of the registration options below.
Contact: For inquiries, contact email@example.com