Islamic Spirituality: History & Practices - Summer 2021
Course Category: Purification | Level 1 Course
Course Code: PUR 103
Instructor: Dr. Tamara Gray
Duration: 5 weeks
Course Dates: July 28 - August 26, 2021
Day: Wednesdays & Thursdays
Time: 3:00 - 4:30 pm CST
Classes last approximately 1.5 hours each. Live attendance is recommended whenever possible for the best learning experience. Recordings of the sessions will be made available for registered students who cannot attend live.
Offered: This course is offered in the Summer Term.
Prerequisites: Students should be women above the age of 17.
Course Description: Islamic spirituality is an important part of religious life. This course will take a birds-eye view of the origins of Islamic spirituality and explore the principles and practices which developed soon after the death of Prophet Muhammad ﷺ. Students will take a historical look at this development, investigate some branches of spiritual practice, and develop an understanding of the related terms and practices.
Course Requirements: Students are expected to attend the online lectures, complete one or more weekly assignments, complete a term project, and submit a final exam.
This is an online course so students will need:
- Access to internet with an internet speed of at least 2 Mbps recommended for best performance.
- Headphones, camera and microphone may be required for in-class participation.
- To access the live class and recordings, students will need a computer, smartphone, or tablet/iPad with the Zoom app.
Students will have access to course forums, recordings, and files until September , 2021.
- $100.00 (not including the cost of the course materials)
- $20.00 late registration fee after July 23rd (if seats are available)
- Additional $5.00 Auditing fee.
Contact: For inquiries, contact email@example.com
Registration Options: Before enrolling, please read the Registration Fees & Policies. Then choose one of the registration options below.