Arabic Grammar Level 1B - Summer 2021
Course Category: Arabic | Level 1 Course
Course Code: ARA 102
Instructor: Ustadha Nazish Mithaiwala
Duration: 5 weeks
Course Dates: July 26 - August 26, 2021
Day: Mondays & Thursdays
Time: 8:00 - 9:30 pm CST
Classes last approximately 1.5 hours each. This is a practical course, so live attendance is needed for the best learning experience. Recordings of the sessions will be made available for registered students who cannot attend live.
Offered: This course is offered in the Spring and Summer Terms of each year.
- Students should be women above the age of 17.
- Arabic Grammar Level 1A or equivalent knowledge.
- Students enrolling in this course should have an understanding of basic Arabic grammar and will have begun to memorize a range of vocabulary relating to daily life.
Placement: New students in the Arabic program are required to submit a placement test to be placed at the correct level. Once you have submitted and tests have been assessed, you will receive a recommendation for the appropriate course for your level. Click here to Download Arabic Placement Test.
Course Description: This course is designed to build on this foundational knowledge and develop students' basic reading, writing, speaking and listening skills in the Arabic language. This level will equip them with the ability to communicate in different tenses and with different structures which they will not only be able to use, but also recognize in a variety of texts. This level will also work on developing their speaking and listening skills to enable them to engage in conversations with a greater depth of comprehension.
- Nominal Sentences
- Pronouns – Attached and Detached
- The Idafah Construct
- Past Tense + Negation
- Present tense + Negation
- Future tense
- Numbers 1-10
- The Imperative
Course Requirements: Students are expected to attend the online lectures, complete one or more weekly assignments, and review and sit for a mid-term and a final exam.
This is an online course so students will need:
- Access to internet with an internet speed of at least 2 Mbps recommended for best performance.
- Headphones, camera and microphone may be required for in-class participation.
- To access the live class and recordings, students will need a computer, smartphone, or tablet/iPad with the Zoom app.
- Access to a printer would be useful for printing course files.
Students will have access to course forums, recordings, and files until September , 2021.
- $100.00 (not including the cost of the course materials)
- $20.00 late registration fee after July 23rd (if seats are available)
- Auditing is not available for Arabic courses.
Text: No textbook is required for this course. Materials will be shared with registered students.
Contact: For inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Options: Before enrolling, please read the Registration Fees & Policies. Then choose one of the registration options below.