Fiqh al-Ibadat: al-Madhhab al-Shafi'i | Part 2
Course Category: Fiqh | Level 2 Course
Course Code: FQH 202
Instructor: Anse 'Alimatunnisa Abdul Ghani
Duration: 14 weeks
Course Dates: January 17 - May 8, 2023
Time: 9:00 am - 10:30 am CST
Daylight savings time will begin in the United States on Sunday, March 12, 2023. Depending on where you live, this may or may not affect your class timing. In countries where DST is not applied at all, class will be one hour earlier starting March 12.
An introduction to the foundation of Islamic law as the basis for a life of devotion and servitude to God. The student will learn about the reasons Islamic schools of law evolved and the nature and rationale of the legal schools. Students will learn the detailed rulings relating to purification (ṭahāra) and prayer (salat), fasting (ṣawm), alms-giving (zakat) and hajj, along with an examination of some of the textual proofs for those rulings. The class will also introduce the student to reading legal manuals in Arabic.
- Students should be women above the age of 17.
- Successful completion of at least one Ribaat Level 1 core course.
- Part 1 of this course is suggested but not required for Part 2.
Students are expected to attend the online lectures, complete one or more weekly assignments, submit a midterm and a final exam.
This is an online course so students will need:
- Access to internet with an internet speed of at least 2 Mbps recommended for best performance.
- Headphones, camera and microphone may be required for in-class participation.
- To access the live class and recordings, students will need a computer, smartphone, or tablet/iPad with the Zoom app.
Text: Fiqh al-Ibadat, by Hajjah Durriah al-Aytah.
Students are responsible for ordering their textbooks before the start of class. Ribaat textbooks are available to enrolled students at a discounted rate through Rabata Bookshop. Once enrolled, students will have access to the discount code through the course forum.
Live attendance is recommended whenever possible for the best learning experience. Recordings of the sessions will be made available for registered students who cannot attend live.
Students will have access to course forums, recordings, and files until June 18, 2023.
Registration Fee: Non-refundable, non-transferable
- $150.00 (not including the cost of the course materials)
- $20.00 late registration fee on January 14th (if seats are available)
- Additional $5.00 auditing fee.
Before enrolling, please read the Registration Fees & Policies. Then choose one of the registration options below.
Contact: For inquiries, contact email@example.com