Marriage, Children & Family Workshops | Recordings
The conveners of the Ribaat Family Workshop series are eager to meet the demands of women around the world who want more education, resources, and support dealing with the issues affecting the most important people in their lives - themselves & their families!
This three part Ribaat SOS! workshop series includes popular topics with practical, useful, and Islamically-grounded advice given by qualified scholars and professionals. Topics include marriage, parenting, and inter-generational relationships.
Recordings are available for these three workshops for a limited time!
Day 1: Marriage
- Finding a Husband & Newlywed Life: Anse Rydanah Dahman, Sister Safiyyah Salaam, Sister Andrea Cluck
- Intimacy: Anse Tamara Gray, Dr. Rima Makhiawala, Sister Megan Wyatt
- Managing Happiness: Anse Marah Dahman, Ustadha Sana Mohiuddin, Sister Nuriddeen Knight
- Serious Issues: Dr. Zainab Alwani, Anse Maha Hamoui, Sister Sadia Jalali
- Polygamy: Sister Zainab Younus & Sister Olivia Kompier
- Blended & Joint Families: Sister Menahal Begawala, Sister Andrea Cluck, Sister Afshan Malik
Day 2: Raising Children:
- Spiritual Upbringing with Anse Marah Dahman and Anse Raghad Bushnaq
- Traditions and Celebrations with Sr. Jenn Crooker and Ustadha Sana Mohiuddin
- Developing a Tool Kit: Practical Tips for Parents with Dr. Hena Syed-Sabir and Dr. Eman Penny
- To School or Not to School? with Sr. Kathy Jamil and Sr. Whittni Brown
- Children with Special Needs with Anse Rydanah Dahman, Sr. Valerie Shirley, Sr. Heather Kamia, Dr. Mona Minkara, & Ustadha Zaynab Ansari
Day 3: Tides of Change:
- Anchoring the Spiritual Upbringing of Newborns & Toddlers
- Navigating your Teens' Segue into Adulthood
- Managing Elderly Care and Support
- Sailing Solo: Single Mothers & Parenting
- Surviving the Loss of Children and Parents
- Douse the Fire of Burnout
This is an online course so students will need access to internet. An internet speed of at least 2 Mbps is recommended for best performance. Headphones, camera and microphone may be required for in-class participation. To access the live class, students will need a computer, smartphone, or tablet/iPad with the AdobeConnect app.
Registration Fee: $75.00
- Students should be women above the age of 17
- Registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Recordings of the sessions will be made available for registered students until December 2021.
- Before enrolling, please click here to read the Registration Fees & Policies
For inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org