Project Lina Online Workshop for Converts | 2021
Speakers: Dr. Tamara Gray & Najiyah Maxfield
Dates: Saturdays, August 14, 21 & 28
Timing: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm CST
Description: An exclusive Ribaat workshop for Muslim female converts to Islam. The three main components of the workshop – Know Yourself, Declare Independence, and Tend Your Ties – are representative of some of the issues and problems Muslim converts deal with in today’s world. We will talk about issues of culture, creed and connections with family, friends and community as we explore what it means to be a western female convert in 2021. The workshop is not a 'new Muslim' course - rather it is an in-depth workshop for female converts - novice and veteran.
- This is an online course so students will need access to internet. An internet speed of at least 2 Mbps is recommended for best performance.
- To access the live class, students will need a computer, smartphone, or tablet/iPad with the Zoom app.
- Headphones, camera and microphone may be required for in-class participation.
- This is an interactive workshop. Live attendance is needed to benefit fully. Recordings of the sessions will be made available for registered students for one year from the date of the workshop.
Textbook: Project Lina: Bringing Our Whole Selves to Islam, by Dr. Tamara Gray & Najiyah Maxfield
Registration fee: $25.00
- This workshop is for converts only.
- Students should be women above the age of 17.
- Registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Registrants will receive a 50% discount for the textbook.
- Registered students will have access to the forum and recordings of sessions for one year from the date of the workshop.
- Installment plans are not available for this workshop.
- Financial aid is available for this workshop and the textbook. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for requests.
- Before enrolling, please read the full Ribaat Registration Fees & Policies
For inquiries, email email@example.com