Drumming Level 2: Layering the Beat | March 2022
Instructor: Ustadha Robina Din
Dates: Feb. 27th - March. 27th
Timing: Sundays, 12:00 - 1:30 pm CST
Duration: 5 weeks
Description: An opportunity to join an online interactive platform to enhance your daff drumming skills. You will be able to review your daff skills gained in Level 1 and increase your confidence by layering and extending the beat. You will also be able to freestyle and 'mix up the beats' to get creative on your favorite nasheeds. Come forward and join us in singing the praises of Allah (swt) and His beloved (saw) in a fun and melodious way!
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to apply several daff beats to at least 5 nasheeds (chosen by the instructor and learner).
Ideally the learners will have a Daff Frame Drum but if they don’t, they can use:
- Round Plastic Plate
- Round Plastic or cardboard box
- Metal Pot lid!!
Week 1 - Review of level 1 skills and strokes of the daff. Starting to layer the beat.
Week 2 - Applying the enhanced beat to nasheeds, teamwork and performing in teams (healthy competition!)
Week 3 – Dexterity practice, power of pauses, application to chosen nasheeds
Week 4 – Extending the beat and application on the nasheeds
Week 5 – Picking up the pace beats and final performances
- Mystic Beats Drumming
- Classes last approximately 1.5 hours each. Live attendance is required and students will need to be on camera. Sessions WILL NOT be recorded.
- This is an online course so students will need access to reliable internet. An internet speed of at least 2 Mbps is recommended for best performance.
- Headphones, camera and microphone will be required for in-class participation.
- Live classes can be viewed on a computer or handheld device using the Zoom app.
Registration Fee: $100.00 (not including the cost of the course materials)
*Special 20% discount!*
- Students should be women above the age of 17
- Registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- This is a live workshop and participants will need to attend live. Recordings will not be provided.
- A maximum of 15 seats are open for this workshop.
- Scholarships and installment plans are not available for this workshop.
- Before enrolling, please read the full Registration Fees & Policies
For inquiries, contact email@example.com