Mystic Beats Introduction to Drumming | September 2021
Instructor: Ustadha Robina Din
Dates: September 5th - October 3rd
Timing: 12:00 - 1:30 pm CST
Duration: 5 weeks
Description: An opportunity to join an online interactive platform where you will learn about the role of the daff drum in Islamic history, have an opportunity to try out several daff beats and experience how to apply them to your favorite nasheeds. Come forward and join us in singing the praises of Allah (swt) and His Beloved (saw) in a fun and melodious way!
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to apply the daff beat to at least 3 nasheeds (2 provided by the instructor and 1 chosen by the student).
Course Materials:Daff Drum/Instruments
Ideally the learners will have a Daff Frame Drum but if they don’t, they can use:
- Round Plastic Plate
- Round Plastic or cardboard box
- Metal Pot lid!!
Week 1: History of the daff, its healing aspect, how to hold the daff, introduction to basic beat stroke
Week 2: Forming the beats and playing at different paces, singing practice, applying the beats to the nasheeds
Week 3: Continuing to apply the beats to the nasheeds, teamwork and performing in teams (healthy competition!)
Week 4: Playing an enhanced beat on the nasheeds
Week 5: Applying the beat to the learner’s chosen nasheed, teaching extra tips and creativity with the daff
- Classes last approximately 1.5 hours each. Live attendance is required and students will need to be on camera. Sessions WILL NOT be recorded.
- This is an online course so students will need Access to reliable internet. An internet speed of at least 2 Mbps is recommended for best performance.
- Headphones, camera and microphone will be required for in-class participation.
- Live classes can be viewed on a computer or handheld device using the Zoom app.
Registration Fee: $100.00 (not including the cost of the course materials)
*Special 20% discount!*
- Students should be women above the age of 17
- Registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- This is a live workshop and participants will need to attend live. Recordings will not be provided.
- A maximum of 15 seats are open for this workshop.
- Scholarships and installment plans are not available for this workshop.
- Before enrolling, please read the full Registration Fees & Policies
For inquiries, contact email@example.com